There are many times in life when the help of an accident attorney might be of assistance. From brain injuries caused by car accidents to workplace injuries, the assistance of a personal injury attorney can help victims understand the possible recourses that they may have available. And while workplace and car accidents are sometimes no one’s fault, there are many times when an accident is the result of someone else’s distraction or carelessness. Whether you are looking for a slip and fall attorney or you are in search of someone to ask questions about a product liability issue, in almost all cases it is better to seek the advice of a legal adviser sooner rather than later.
There are many regulations that companies must follow in order to protect their workers. From Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) procedures to company specific guidelines, it is important that employers follow through on safety tests and make sure that all workers are properly trained. When employers do not follow the safety requirements and take the necessary steps to make sure that everyone is trained, the results can be serious. Consider some of these statistics about some of the most common or tragic injuries:
- As many as 20 to 50 million people in America are injured or disabled as a result of road crashes worldwide.
- Road traffic crashes are currently the ninth leading cause of death. In fact, they account for 2.2% of all deaths across the globe. Experts have even predicted that road traffic injuries could become the fifth leading cause of death by the year 2030.
- 4,311 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal crashes in the year 2015. This number an 8% increase from 2014.
- How do I know when to call a personal injury lawyer?
- 20% of federal civil personal injury lawsuits resulted from vehicle crashes in 2015according to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Another 13% resulted from products liability injuries and 10% resulted from medical malpractice.
Americans can sometimes find themselves facing a difficult recovery after an accident caused by someone else’s negligence.