How To Get The Most from Your Work Injury Settlement

Workers compensation injury settlement

Every single year there are a large number of American workers that are hurt throughout workplaces. These people will end up getting hurt either through the fault of their own or through the fault of their employers. If the latter is the case, then these employees need to make sure they seek out a work injury settlement. Here is what you should know about worker’s compensation, work injuries, and work injury settlement.

It is important for workers that are hurt to get the most out of their workers compensation claim and their workers compensation benefits. Getting the best workers comp claim in your work injury settlement is not easy so it is best you study some of the facts in this field of law and that you also get a lawyer that can really help you out.

The leading cause of workers compensation claims are slip and fall situations and they are also the leading cause of occupational injuries for people over the age of 55. These types of slip and fall situations will end up comprising just about 8 million hospital emergency room visits, representing the leading cause of 20%, of all emergency room visits overall. These slip and falls will account for over 1 million visits, or 12% of all total falls.

If you are involved in one of these slip and fall situations then make sure you work hard to get a lawyer that will fight for your work injury settlement. Nearly 85% of all worker’s compensation claims are attributed to employees slipping on slick floors. The annual compensation and medical costs often associated with employee slip/fall accidents equate to almost $70 billion.

Over 75% of all the states in the United States require all employers to have some form of workers’ compensations coverage. So there is a high chance that you can get a good work injury settlement from your injury on the job. Understand that the insurance that comes with workers compensation will cover just about 140 million workers or over 94% of all workers in the United States.

In 2012, there were just about 3 million non-fatal workplace accidents according to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. These numbers add up to equate to about 3.5 injured workers out of every 100 full-time workers. In the year of 2011 alone, over 4,500 American employees died on the job as a result of workplace accidents and that is why it is important to get a good lawyer to fight for your work injury settlement.

Just about 95% of the 3 million workplace incidents that happened in 2012 involved occupation injuries whereas workplace illnesses accounted for the other 5%. In the year of 2012, almost 40% of all work-related deaths were roadway incidents that involved motor vehicles. Other work-related deaths involved workplace violence, slips, trips, falls, and workers being struck by workplace equipment.

In Conclusion

There is no question that you need to make sure your approach to getting a proper work injury settlement is taken seriously. If you are hurt on the job then you will have to face time away from work which means you are losing out on the money. On top of this, you will also have to face serious medical bills that will be very high and this will be hard to deal with if you are out of work for a month or longer. You will have to pay expensive bills while knowing that you will not be getting paid for working. Make sure you are well informed on how to get the most out of your work injury settlement so that you can protect yourself and your bank account.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS
Follow by Email